The Best Chili Recipe though I may be prejudiced!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup mix
- dash of onion salt
- dash of garlic salt
- 1, 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 T. Oregano leaves (crushed)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 T. Extra-Hot Chili Powder or 2 Tablespoons regular Chili Powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans
- Cook ground beef with onion soup mix, dash of onion and garlic salt, stirring occasionally until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, the 1 T. of oregano crushed leaves, chopped chives, extra-hot chili powder, and the kidney beans.
- Heat to boiling: reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally, to desired thickness.
- Serve plain, with chopped onions, and/or over corn bread.
Leave a review or comment