Caribbean ShirmpPrep: 20 min Cook: 6 min Servings: 6by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This sweet and spicy shrimp will keep you coming back for more. It's seductively simple but very flavorful. It goes very well with blackeyed peas and rice!
- 2 1/2 pounds large to extra large shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, minced (green and white)
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1-2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- Rinse, shell, and devein the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, scallions, ginger, chile, soy sauce, honey, and peanut oil and whisk to mix. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Put the shrimp on skewers, in a basket, or be authentic and skewer with sugar cane skewers (I never do this).
- Grill the shrimp roughly 3 minutes per side until nicely browned and maybe even slightly charred, pouring any additional marinade over the shrimp when you turn them.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment