Caramel PuddingPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
The Amish call it caramel pudding but most people call it butterscotch pudding.
- 2 tbsp (1/4 stick) Butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 lg eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt butter in lg saucepan. Add brown sugar and salt, stirring constantly over med-high heat until it caramelizes, about 5 mins, careful not to burn it.
- Remove from stove and slowly mix in 2 cups of the milk. Return to stove and heat to near boiling, med-hi heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine flour and cornstarch and stir in, then slowly add the last cup of milk.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened and smooth.
- Remove a few tablespoon of hot pudding and stir into beaten eggs to temper, then pour mixture into pudding.
- Cook another 2 minutes, being careful not to let it boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- To prevent skin from forming, lay wax paper over it
- serve warm or cold
Leave a review or comment