Caprese GalettePrep: 40 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 8by Terri Schlather5 recipes>
The cornmeal crust is the perfect stage for summer fresh tomatoes.
- 3/4 cup ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 pint jewel box tomatoes or multicolored pear tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut or torn in small pieces
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves or basil paste in a tube (from the produce section)
- In a food processor, combine flour, cornmeal, butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Mix until it resembles a coarse meal. With the food processor running, slowly add the water. When the mixture is combined, but not yet forming a ball, stop the food processor. Form the dough into a 4 inch circle, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and into a 13 inch circle. Transfer the dough onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment OR lightly floured and dusted with cornmeal.
- If youâre using basil paste, you can spread some over the bottom of the crust, if using fresh, wait until later. Place the tomatoes, cut side up, on the dough, leaving about an inch border. Fold the edges over to partially cover the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper then bake for 25 minutes. Spread the mozzarella evenly then place the galette back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle with basil. Cut into 8 slices.
Leave a review or comment