Canned Apple Pie Filling/ Apple CrispPrep: 1 1/2 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 7by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
Apples are a very versatile fruit. Apples are used in many pastries, pies and salads. I think apples are used more in pies than in other way. . It save lots of time to have a "done" product for use. This canned recipe is both economical and good. Try this recipe and let me know if you like it.
- 7 quarts, peeled, cored, sliced apples ( 10 or more pounds)
- 2 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 C. packed light brown sugar
- 1 - 1/2 C. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Quick Apple Crisp
- 1 quart apple filling
- 3/4 C. oats
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp, cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp, ground nutmeg
- 1/2 C. softened butter
- 1.Mix topping until crumbly
- 2.Grease 8 x 8 x 2 baking dish. Spread filling in dish. Sprinkle topping on apples. Bake 375 for 35-40 minutes. 6 Servings.
- Before canning, In a 20 quart canner, fill 1/2 full of water. Immerse 7 quart jars in canner; bring to boil; let boil about 10 minutes; reduce heat and allow the jars to stay hot until used.
- 1. In a 4 qt. pot, mix together sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in lemon juice and water.
- 2. Bring to boiling, stir frequently; reduce heat, cook until bubbly. Keep hot.
- 3. Using a jar lifter, take out several bottles from canner and place on table. Use a funnel, and pack apples into jars, about 2/3rd full. Leave head space.
- 4. Pour syrup on apples, make sure apples are covered. Use spatula to remove air bubbles; add more syrup, leave 1.2 inch head space.
- 5. Place lid and screw on jar ring. Tighten firmly. Continue process until all jars are filled.
- 6. Put jars into canning rack, lower into water bath. Bring to boil and process for 30 minutes.
- 7. Turn heat off. When cooled a littler, use jar lifter, remove jars, place on table and cool over night.
Leave a review or comment