Cake Rusk Recipe (How to Make Cake Rusk)Prep: 20 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 24by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
Today’s post is extra special as it features not only a cookie recipe but my all-time favorite Cake Rusk Recipe. I loved Cake Rusk from the time immemorial but I’ve always shied away from trying them at home. I assumed process to be too complicated and tiresome for my liking. But it is just the opposite! It is so simple to follow, fun and produces delicious, perfectly firm, bright golden cake rusk.
- 2 Cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/2 Cup + 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- Grease with butter two small size square baking pans or you can use a large size square pan.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt, then set it aside.
- Whisk the olive oil with the caster sugar approximately 5 minutes or until fluffy and pale in color. Add the turmeric powder, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. If possible, use electric hand mixer for the purpose.
- Add half the flour, fold gently. Then add the remaining flour and fold until combined nicely.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn the cake onto a cooling rack and let it cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Then, using a sharp knife, cut it down the middle, then into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Divide each strip into 2 - 3 rectangular pieces (rusk) depending upon the size of the strip.
- Arrange the rusks on a baking sheet, and put the sheet back into the oven.
- Bake at 150 C for 15 minutes. Turn them over and bake the other side for another 15 minutes. If they need more time in the oven, turn down the heat a little bit and let them bake for slightly longer until they are golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- Remove on to a wire-rack and let them cool. Store in an airtight container.
Leave a review or comment