This is one CLASSIC salad & even easier to make...........
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- dash of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups bread, cubed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, bite-size pieces
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and combine in a small bowl with mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil. Cook and stir until brown, and then remove garlic from pan. Add bread cubes to the hot oil. Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned. Remove bread cubes from oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, remaining Parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread cubes.
Leave a review or comment