Cabbage Stir FryPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This is a wonderful dish with light but complex flavors. We typically serve this along with another dish as part of a Chinese style meal.
- 1 pound cabbage (or Napa cabbage)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2-3 slices ginger, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 2 Tbsp green peas
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- For sauce:
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or dashi stock (fish stock)
- Cut cabbage into 1 inch by 2 inch pieces.
- Heat wok with oil over high. Add ginger then shrimp. Stir for 1 minute, then add cabbage and continue for 1 more minute. Stir in carrot, bamboo shoot, and peas.
- Combine sauce ingredients and add them to the vegetables. Cover and simmer on low for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to thicken, stir, and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment