Butterbean Soup With Tomato Salsa
- 1 x 400 gram tin butterbeans, liquid removed and rinsed
- 1 x Green chilli pepper
- 1 x Carrot, finely minced
- 1 x Leek, white of
- 1 x Onion, diced
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 x Rashers rindless smoked bacon, diced
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 375 ml Chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and pepper
- 6 x Tomatoes, seeded and minced
- 1 can Kidney beans, minced
- 1 x Red onion, finely minced
- 1 ounce Coriander, fresh
- 1 ounce Basil, fresh
- 1 x Juice of lime
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- For the soup: Heat a large pan and dry fry the cumin and coriander seeds. Crush in a pestle and mortar till a pwdr.
- In the same pan add in the extra virgin olive oil, onion and garlic and sweat. Add in the chilli pepper, leek and carrot, then the bacon and grnd spices and cook for 1-2 min. Then add in the butterbeans and stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 min. Puree the soup in a food processor or possibly pass through a sieve.
- Serve with creme fraich and flat leaf parsley.
- For the tomato salsa: Mix all the diced ingredients together, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve with the soup.
Leave a review or comment