Butter Free Orange and Rosemary CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 20by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
This is a Greek yogurt based orange cake, with a savoury twist of rosemary and a kick of lemon zest on top. This was made in a 13.5 x 8" pan and cuts into 20 squares. http://hungryjenny.blogspot.com/2010/10/butter-free-orange-and-rosemary-cake.html
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves (fresh is better, but dried is fine)
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 125ml olive oil
- 200g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Whisk the egg and sugar in a bowl, followed by the orange juice and zest.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a separate mixing bowl.
- Fold in the orange mixture, then mix in the yogurt and oil until well combined.
- Stir in the rosemary then pour into a lined tray.
- Smooth over with a knife, then sprinkle over the lemon zest evenly.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 30-35 minutes until you can pull out a toothpick clean.
Leave a review or comment