Brown Sugar BaconPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Vanessa2 recipes>
For the most part I’m a fairly simple person and I don’t usually stray too far from traditional recipes, especially bacon But every so often I get a craving for maple or brown sugar bacon. So instead of buying brown sugar bacon at the store, where it will probably end up in the freezer for several months, I use this recipe to make brown sugar bacon. If you find you like this recipe and want to always have some on hand, you can caramelize this up to 3 days ahead of time. Place the bacon between sheets of waxed paper and store in a resealable bag. When your ready to serve it, let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes and reheat.
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375Â°F. Line a 15Ã10 inch jelly roll pan with foil. Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place the wire rack in the pan.
- Cut the bacon slices in half crosswise and place in a single layer on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, water and cayenne pepper and mix well. Brush over the bacon.
- Bake 25 minutes or until very browned. Cool completely.
Leave a review or comment