Broiled Marinated Vegetables
- 2 lb Mixed baby squash (zucchini, Yellow squash, patty pan, Crookneck), split Lengthwise
- 4 x Baby japanese eggplant, Sliced into thirds Lengthwise
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Light soy sauce
- 1 c. Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh chopped ginger
- 6 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Grnd cumin seed
- Mix it all together and marinate the vegetables for 1-2 hrs. Spread them out in a flat casserole dish, cover with the marinade, and broil for about 10 min. Scoop out of the dish and serve.
- Note: any part which is not covered with marinade will burn. The leftover marinade make a good stir-fry sauce or possibly gravy over rice etc.
- You can also marinate overnight, then grill the veggies on a BBQ in a grilling basket.
Leave a review or comment