Broccoli Stir Fry with WalnutsPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Rich H61 recipes>
This recipe is quick and easy but yields a dish that is tasty and very filling. Healthy green broccoli and walnuts make it especially delicious and the red peppers give it a nice visual appeal. Serve it over rice noodles.
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 of a 14 oz. package of Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and
- immediately remove from heat. Allow to sit for 8 to 10 minutes
- until the noodles are tender but still firm.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the walnuts and saute for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broccoli florets and saute for about 4 to 5 minutes, until fork tender.
- Add soy or tamari sauce and rice wine vinegar and continue to saute for 1 to 2 minutes more while mixing in the sauces well.
- Add the chopped red pepper and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, drain and rinse the noodles. Add them to the saute pan along with the vegetable stock and toss gently to mix.
- Allow the dish to saute another 2 to 3 minutes to heat through. Plate and serve with fresh fruit or your choice of sides.
Leave a review or comment