Tasty, nutritious lunch, easy to make, serves 4
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/4 cup dry chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- • Separate broccoli into florets and dice stems to yields 1 quart.
- • Put walnuts on a small dish and microwave 90 seconds.
- • Put nuts in the freezer to cool them if you’re rushed
- • Combine broccoli raisins, onion and bacon in large mixing bowl
- • Add walnuts and mix contents of the bowl
- • In small bowl, mix sugar and vinegar together until smooth
- • Add mayonnaise and mix.
- • Add mayo mix to salad mixture.
- • Stir to coat all pieces with dressing.
- • Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Leave a review or comment