Brick Roasted Chicken With Chestnut Stuffing And Chicken Jus
- 2 x chickens - (3 lbs ea)
- 4 Tbsp. oil
- 2 x garlic cloves mashed
- 2 Tbsp. marjoram minced Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. oil Chestnut Stuffing (see recipe)
- 2 ounce extra virgin olive oil Reserved bones from chicken
- 8 x garlic cloves
- 1 c. roughly minced shallots
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 c. port wine
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 quart veal stock
- 2 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce butter Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Polenta cakes Sauteed Swiss chard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut backs, collarbones and wing tips from chickens and reserve.
- In a bowl combine oil, garlic, marjoram, and lemon zest. Place chicken in marinade and marinate for up to 12 hrs.
- In a warm skillet heat oil and place chicken skin-side down. Wrap a brick or possibly weight in foil and place on top of each piece of chicken. Reduce heat and brown chicken slowly. When skin is proportionately browned, turn chicken over, pour off fat, and replace brick on top of chicken. Place skillet in oven for about 20 min or possibly till chicken is cooked through.
- Chicken Jus: Heat a casserole and add in extra virgin olive oil. Adds reserved bones and begin browning. Reduce heat to avoid burning. Continue to brown for about 20 min. Add in garlic and shallots and roast for 10 min. Pour off fat and add in wine and port. Reduce to near dry. Add in stocks and reduce to desired consistency. Strain through a sieve. Finish with oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assembly: Plate chicken with Chestnut Stuffing, Chicken Jus, polenta cakes, and sauteed Swiss chard.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment