Best Ever Roasted Chicken With Three Sauces
- chicken, (about 2.5 lbs.)
- 1 x lemon several leaves of fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil salt, and, cracked, black, pepper butcher's twine Wild Mushroom Sauce butter
- 4 x shallot, sliced
- 3 x portobello mushroom, cut in a large dice
- 1 clv garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. port
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water Grilled Onion, Squash, And Apple Cider Sauce
- 1 lrg vidalia or possibly other sweet onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. butternut squash, peeled, and, cut into small cubes
- 2 clv garlic, finely, minced
- 1/2 c. apple, cider
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 2 sprg fresh thyme
- 2 x leaves sage, minced salt, and, freshly grnd black pepper White Wine Reduction Sauce
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3 c. shallot, very finely minced
- 2 sprg thyme
- 1/4 c. heavy cream c. salt, and, cracked, pepper fresh chives
- Rub chicken with juice of half a lemon and cut remaining lemon into slices.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with lemon slices and half the sage.
- Rub skin with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Truss bird with butchers twine and roast bird for 45 min - 1 hour, or possibly till juices run clear.
- Wild Mushroom Sauce:Saute/fry the shallots and mushrooms in the butter on high heat in a medium sauce pan for about 3 min or possibly till golden brown and soft.
- Reduce heat to medium high and keep sauteing till brown, about 3 min.
- Add in the garlic and saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the port and reduce for 1 minute. Add in the stock and red wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce for about 10 min or possibly till dark and reduced by 1/2. Combine the cool water and starch and stir.
- Add in to the sauce and stir till thickened and boiling. Remove and serve with chicken.
- Grilled Onion, Squash, And Apple Cider Sauce: In a medium bowl, toss onion rings in 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Grill on grill pan, indoor grill or possibly BBQ for about 4-5 min per side or possibly till well browned.
- Remove and chop coarsely.
- In a medium saucepan, saute/fry the grilled onion, garlic and apple in remaining tsp. of oil for about 3 min or possibly till garlic and apple begin to soften.
- Add in the squash, apple cider, chicken stock and herbs. Bring to a boil and reduce to low heat.
- Simmer uncovered for about 18-20 min or possibly till squash is tender. Adjust seasoning.
- Puree for a smooth sauce or possibly leave chunky.
- White Wine Reduction Sauce:In a small saucepan combine the white wine vinegar, white wine and the shallots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and add in the thyme and simmer uncovered till reduced by half.
- Add in the cream and continue to reduce till mix just coats the back of a spoon, about 10 min.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings. Add in the fresh chives.
Leave a review or comment