Breakfast fruit muffinsPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Micheline120 recipes>
These muffins are light, quick, easy to make because you use frozen fruits readily available in your freezer. You can whip up a batch in no time.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup apple sauce or 1 medium bananas mashed or frozen and thawed, equivalent to 1/2 cup (replaces the oil in the recipe and naturally sweetens the muffins). I always freeze some of my ripen bananas for this recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogourt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup frozen fruit(s) of your choice (THAWED SLIGHTLY) (Strawberries, raspberries, mangos, blueberries, apples, rhubarb)
- NOTE: You can try 1/2 cup rhubarb with 1/2 cup strawberries or 1/2 cup mangos with 1/2 cup blueberries or 1/2 cup blueberries with 1/2 cup raspberries)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the sugar, yogourt, banana OR apple sauce, eggs, butter and vanilla. Slowly fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture with a spatula. Lastly, add the fruit(s) (slightly thawed) and fold gently as not to break the fruit(s).
- Pour into prepared and oiled muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of a muffin. Makes 12 delicious muffins.
Leave a review or comment