Breaded Lamb Chops With Grilled Vegetables And Polenta
- 1 can artichoke hearts - (14 ounce)
- 4 x plum tomatoes cut in half
- 2 x baby eggplants cut in half
- 1 sm onion cut four wedges
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. instant polenta
- 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 8 x lamb chops, abt 1 1/2" thick
- To make the Vegetables: In a large bowl, combine artichokes, tomatoes, eggplant, and onion with the extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, vinegar, and lemon juice. Let marinate at room temperature for 15 min.
- Remove vegetables from the bowl, shaking off excess marinade. Grill over Direct Medium heat for 6 min, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove from grill and chop roughly. Put vegetables in a medium saucepan and add in the chicken broth. Simmer over medium heat for 15 min. Remove from heat and keep hot.
- To prepare the Polenta: In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and butter; bring to a boil. Add in polenta and stir well. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 min, covered. Remove from heat and stir in lowfat sour cream.
- To grill the Chops: In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Roll each lamb chop in the breadcrumb mix. Grill chops over Direct Medium heat for 9 min for medium-rare, turning once halfway through grilling time. Serve with creamy polenta and grilled vegetables.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Wine Recommendation: Comfort food like this calls for an earthy but elegant wine to enhance the warmth of the moment. A robust Italian red from the province of Umbria - try a Torgiano Rosso Riserva, for example.
- Beer Recommendation: Black and Tan is what you'll want with this homey dish. The beer simultaneously acts as a rich sauce and a palate cleanser, inviting the next bite, the next sip.
- Comments: This family-style recipe embodies the splendor of home cooking; simple, yet oh so tasty.
Leave a review or comment