Bourbon Pecan CakePrep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 10by Farrell May Podgorsek54 recipes>
This versatile cake has a mild bourbon flavor. It is a popular adult birthday cake in my family. Chocolate lovers can add chocolate chips to the topping. Frosting lovers can make a layer cake to fill and frost. Cream cheese or buttercream made with bourbon would be nice. Tip: Make sure that the Bourbon you use is not harsh. For a non-dairy cake I strongly prefer Miyoko’s brand Vegan Butter, especially for the glaze.
- 2 cups/250 grams all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter or Vegan Butter, or margarine
- 2 cups/400 grams brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup water
- Whiskey Glaze
- 2 cups/220 grams powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter or Vegan Butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. Bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. chopped, toasted pecans
- Chocolate Chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour baking pan of choice. In a small saucepan or in the microwave melt the butter. Set aside. In the bowl of a mixer combine the dry ingredients. Add the butter, brown sugar, eggs, whiskey and water. Blend until ingredients are completely mixed. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester comes out with only a few moist crumbs and the sides of the cake begin to pull away from the edges of the pan, approximately 35-40 minutes for a sheet pan, 50 minutes for a Bundt. Remove from the oven. For a Bundt cake, cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Sheet cake can be cooled and served directly from the pan. When cake is completely cool drizzle with glaze and immediately sprinkle with pecans.
- Whiskey Glaze - In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Carefully add the bourbon and cook for a minute or two. Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Blend well. Add water by the teaspoon if the glaze is too thick.
Leave a review or comment