Boudin Blanc With Spinach And Apple Sauce
- boudin blanc with spinach and apple sauce
- 1 slc white bread crusts removed
- 100 ml lowfat milk
- 1 x chicken breast
- 80 gm foie gras
- 1 x salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. armagnac
- 1 tsp truffle essence
- 2 x black truffle grated
- 1 x sausage skin
- 1 x egg
- 200 ml double cream
- 500 gm spinach cooked (qv) Garlic butter
- 6 x new potatoes sliced Oil and butter
- 150 gm apple sauce (qv)
- Soak the bread in the lowfat milk.
- Mix till it becomes a smooth paste.
- This is called a parade.
- Remove all the skin and sinew from the chicken and dice.
- Take half the foie gras dice into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Place the remaining foie gras in second bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and divide the armagnac truffle essence and grated truffle between the bowls.
- Cut the sausage skin into 2 pcs about 1m long and rinse under cool running water to remove excess salt and clean.
- Place the ingredients in the two bowls and the food processor bowl in the freezer for about 15-20 min or possibly till very cool but not frzn.
- Place the diced chicken in the processor and mix for a few seconds.
- Add in the egg and mix agiun for a few seconds.
- Follow with the foie gras piecff then the parade.
- When smooth slowly add in twothirds of the cream.
- Season and add in the remaining cream.
- Pipe the mix into the sausage skins as tightly as possible preventing any air pockets.
- Twist the sausage into portion size and tie with a piece of string.
- Prick the skin.
- Place the boudins in a pan of warm water preheated to 80 degrees C and poach for 20 min.
- Leave to cold in the liquid.
- Hot the spinach in a little garlic butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the potatoes in oil and butter.
- Reheat the sausages by frying in a little oil over a low heat till golden brown on both sides.
- Gently hot the apple sauce.
- Put the spinach into the centre of each plate.
- Place the boudin on top.
- Arrange the potatoes at the top of the plate either side of the boudin.
- Pour the sauce to surround the boudin and potatoes.
- This recipe will make about 7 boudins.
Leave a review or comment