Boston Baked BeansPrep: 30 min Cook: 17 hours Servings: 25by Glenn37 recipes>
Deep flavored, muscular, savory baked beans for people who love the experience of good slow-cooked fare.
- 4 cups Navy Beans
- 8 cups Water
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 lb Salt Pork
- 1 cup Molasses
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tsp dry Mustard
- 1 cup Catchup
- 2 cups reserved hot bean liquid
- Sort and pick over beans before placing them into a slow cooker with water, salt, onions and salt pork. Mix well and make sure salt pork is covered by beans.
- Allow beans to sit on Setting 3 for 13 to 15 hours.
- When beans are tender, drain liquid and reserve 2 cups.
- Add to beans, molasses, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and catchup.
- Stir then add bean liquid and stir again.
- Simmer on Setting 3 for 2-3 hours.
- Keep warm on Setting 2.
Leave a review or comment