Boiled Dalag with Veggies (Mudfish)Prep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
My grandma used to cook this. Her style was always good.
- 2 pieces medium to large fish, sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy or pechay, cleaned and ends removed
- 2 cups rice washing
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup green onions or onion leeks, sliced
- 1/4 cup ginger, sliced and pounded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 8 tablespoons cooking oil
- Rub salt on the fish and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan then pour-in 6 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Fry the fish until the color of one side turns golden brown. Flip to fy the other side then turn off the heat and set the fish aside.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Put-in the fish sauce and whole peppercorn then stir.
- Pour-in the rice washing then let boil,
- Put-in the fried fish then simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Add the chopped green onions and bok choy and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 10.Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
Leave a review or comment