Blackberry Banana Bread
This is a great summer bread, and a good excuse to go pick some blackberries, but not so demanding it defeats the purpose! For winter, this is a yummy banana bread recipe that is easy to whip up.
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 coconut oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs (2 eggs if only with bananas)
- 2 or 3 mashed ripe bananas
- as many blackberries as you like
- for only a couple of handfuls, you can poke them along the middle of the bread after it's in the pan. For more, include them in the batter.
- Splash of milk if batter is dry (with lotsa blackberries!)
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix the dry ingredients together, making sure there are no sugar lumps
- Add berries to dry ingredients
- Cream coconut oil with eggs, bananas.
- Mix carefully together, and if too dry ad a splash of milk.
- Try not to break the berries
- Cook in greased bread pans about 70 minutes, or until done
Leave a review or comment