Black Bottom Pie
- Marie Callender's Clone
- 2 x -8" plain pastry pie crusts(store bought or possibly make your own)
- 1 box chocolate pudding (either cooking or possibly instant)
- 1 box vanilla pudding (either cooking or possibly instant)
- 1/4 tsp rum extract (more or possibly less to taste) whipped topping (like Cold Whip)
- Prepare chocolate and vanilla pudding according to directions in separate pans. Add in rum extract to vanilla pudding and stir well. Pour half of chocolate pudding into each crust and spread proportionately. Pour half of vanilla pudding on top of each chocolate layer and spread proportionately, being careful not to mix the layers.
- Refrigeratein fridge. Once chilled put whipped topping on. If you prefer a meringue topping, use cooked pudding and make meringue.
- meringue topping...2 egg whites1/2 teaspoon vanilla1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar4 Tbsp. sugar
- Beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar till soft peaks form.
- Gradually add in sugar beating till stiff, glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread over warm filling, for which Marie Callender's effect leave a smidge of filling visible around the edge. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or possibly until meringue is golden brown. Refrigeratein fridge.
Leave a review or comment