Marie Callender's Black Bottom Pie
- 2 x plain pastry pie crusts - (8" dia ea) (store bought or possibly make your own)
- 1 box chocolate pudding cooking or possibly instant
- 1 box vanilla pudding cooking or possibly instant
- 1/4 tsp rum extract or possibly to taste Whipped topping (like Cold Whip)
- 4 x egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 8 Tbsp. sugar
- Prepare chocolate and vanilla pudding according to directions in separate pans. Add in rum extract to vanilla pudding and stir in. Pour half of chocolate pudding into each crust and spread proportionately. Pour half of vanilla pudding on top of each chocolate layer and spread proportionately, being careful not to mix the layers. Refrigeratein fridge.
- Once chilled, top with regular whipped topping (like Cold Whip). For more of a restaurant effect put topping into a cake decorating bag with tip and pipe on.
- If you would prefer a meringue topping, beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar till soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar beating till stiff, glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread over warm filling, for which Marie Callender's effect leave a smidge of filling visible around the edge. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 min or possibly till meringue is golden brown. Refrigeratein fridge.
Leave a review or comment