Black Bean And Pasta Bowl
- 1 c. dry black beans
- 1 lg. onion, minced
- 2 (14 ounce.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce.) can whole tomatoes, cut up with liquid
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbsp. bottled warm salsa
- 1 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. salad oil
- 2 lg. cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 lg. red pepper, minced
- In 3 qt saucepan, cover beans with water. Bring to boil, cover and cook for two min. Turn off heat and let stand for 1 hour. Drain.
- In 5 qt saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and garlic; saute/fry till onion is soft about 3 min. Add in beans and broth; bring to boil. Simmer covered 1 1/2 hrs. Add in tomatoes with liquid, sugar, pepper and salsa. Simmer 15 min.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to the package and drain. Add in pasta and red pepper to soup. Simmer 5 min.
- Garnish with a little minced green onion and minced cilantro (fresh coriander) leaves.
Leave a review or comment