Black Bean And Corn Salad
- 2 c. Dry black beans (picked over and rinsed)
- 30 ounce -Canned black beans (rinsed and liquid removed)
- 1/3 c. Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 x Ears corn (kernals cut off the cob)
- 1 1/2 c. -(thawed) Frzn corn
- 1 x Avocado peeled, stone removed, cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1 sm Red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2" pcs
- 2 med Tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 6 x Green onions, with tops finely minced
- 1 x Fresh warm chile pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c. Coarsely minced cilantro (optional)
- If using dry beans, place the beans in a large bowl and add in sufficient water to cover by 2 inches. Place the bowl in a cold place and let the beans soak for 6 to 12 hrs. Drain and rinse the beans.
- Put the beans into a large pot and add in sufficient fresh water to cover the beans by 1 inch. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer till the beans are barely tender. 1-1/2 to 2 hrs
- (depending on the age of the beans). Thoroughly drain the beans and let them cold.
- Put the lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a small jar.
- Cover with the lid and shake till the ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine the cooked or possibly canned beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, chile pepper, and cilantro. Shake the Lime Dressing and pour it over the salad. Stir till well coated. (The salad can be prepared a few hrs ahead, but do not add in the avocado till serving time. Chill, and adjust the seasonings before serving.)
Leave a review or comment