Better Than Takeout, Fabulous Lean Steak Stir-FryPrep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Make this amazing stir-fry to kick off the Chinese New Year. You won’t find this fabulous dish at your local Chinese takeout! The homemade sauce is bursting with flavor and so easy to make. I’m stir-frying with just 1 teaspoon oil and using healthy ingredients such as a lean steak, red pepper, edamame, pineapple and serving over brown rice. The skinny for each serving is 358 calories, 6 grams of fat and 9 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This dish is so hearty, you really don’t need anything else to complete the meal. That said, you still might want to serve this recipe with Low Carb Chicken Lettuce Wraps…Just like In Your Favorite Asian Restaurant.
- 1 cup brown Basmati rice, uncooked, see shopping tip
- ½ of a (7 oz jar) hoisin sauce, see shopping tip
- ½ cup rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, unsweetened, not drained, ½ cup juice from can
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger (from a jar), see shopping tip
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Less than ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes or more, if you like it very spicy
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1 pound lean top sirloin, cut into bite size chunks, see shopping tip
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame or green peas, not defrosted
- Cook rice according to package instructions and keep warm
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan add Â½ of the jar of hoisin sauce, the vinegar, pineapple juice from the can of pineapple, honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and mix well. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan or wok, heat 1 teaspoon oil over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper, scallions, edamame, pineapple chunks and saute for 1 minute. Add the sauce and mix well. Cook for 1 more minute.
- To serve: place Â¾ cup brown rice on each plate or bowl and spread out. Top each with 1 cup stir-fry.
- Makes 4 servings-each serving (Â¾ cup rice and 1 cup stir-fry)
Leave a review or comment