Best Crispy WafflesPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie404 recipes>
This is my favorite recipe for a crisp waffle. If that’s the way you like them, don’t reduce the oil, cause that’s what makes them crispy! Lazy soul that I am, I mix the batter in a blender and use that as a pitcher to pour them conveniently. I freeze extra waffles for a quick into-the-toaster breakfast. Just add maple syrup, butter and some ham or bacon and you’ve got a wonderful weekend breakfast. I am also adding a modified version to this site using buttermilk (see "Useful Links" below.)
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour (I use half white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In mixing bowl or blender container, mix water, eggs and oil together on medium high.
- In another bowl stir together milk powder, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Add dry mixture to liquid on medium speed just until blended, stopping and scraping sides as needed initially. (Do not overbeat.)
- Grease or spray waffle iron (if needed according to manufacturerâs directions).
- Bake waffles to desired doneness. Cool waffles on wire racks.
- Yield: 4 large waffles; 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment