CHEF EDDY'S BRUSSELS WAFFLESPrep: 1 hours Cook: 8 min Servings: 8by Michael R. Long3 recipes>
Chef Eddy Van Damme has this waffle that he does, That is out of this world. On his website he goes into explaining about the way the Belgium people have there waffles, How they are served as a dessert. He goes into great detail about how they are made and all that stuff. Also on his website, are some of the most fantastic desserts that I've ever seen. You all really need to check it out. His Web address is: http://www.chefeddy.com. I did these waffles for dinner last nite. And the smell of the vanilla bean, and yeast over whelmed the neighborhood. I know this is NOT my recipe, however, It is so great, you really have to try it. I would even make this for people that I don't like, and make more for the people that I do like.
- Getting it all together!
- Since yeast is involved with this type of waffle it takes time to for this batter to reach perfection, therefore, if you are planning to serve this type of waffle for breakfast it is best to make these during the day and simply freeze them. Defrosting is quick and once they come out of the toaster they are still very good. If you serve them for dessert or an afternoon snack make them fresh!
- Belgian Waffles – Brussels Waffles
- Yield: About 16
- Using liquor in this waffle is optional but does provide a very nice flavor.
- ¾ Cup (6 oz) Sparkling water, room temp. 180 g
- ¾ Cup + 2 Tbsp (7 oz) Milk, at 120°F (45°C) 210 g
- 2 teaspoons (2 tsp) Dried yeast 3 g
- 1 teaspoon (1 tsp) Vanilla bean paste 5 g
- 2 (2) Large eggs, separated 2
- 1 Tablespoon ( ½ oz) Extra fine granulated sugar 15 g
- 1 ½ teaspoon ( ¼ oz) Salt 7.5 g
- 2 Cups (9 oz) Pastry or all purpose flour 270 g
- 6 Tablespoons (3 oz) Melted Butter 90 g
- 3 Tablespoons (1.5 oz) Mandarine Napoléon liquor 45 g
- In a bowl combine the sparkling water, milk, yeast, vanilla bean paste, yolks, sugar and salt.
- Sift and add the flour and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add the melted butter followed by the Mandarine NapolÃ©on Liquor.
- Whip the egg whites to medium firm peaks and fold into the above. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Use a good and well heated waffle iron.
- After you make these Waffles, go over to Chef Eddy's website and Thank him. And tell him I sent you. He's a super guy.
Leave a review or comment