Best Cheese Burgers EVER!Prep: 10 min Cook: 18 min Servings: 4by victoria jones6 recipes>
These burgers are great because they are healthy and you can use lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken! They are packed full of flavor and great if cooking for one or for the whole family! This recipe will make 4 burgers. I used ground chicken and used a grill pan to cook the patties and onions. You can also use an outdoor grill...whichever is best for you. The automated nutritional info is not accurate. If this cheeseburger is made with ground chicken then it has 11grams of fat and 340 calories.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, chicken, or turkey
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Red Onion (cut into large slices)
- 4 American Cheese 2% singles
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 Tomato (cut into 4 slices)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Mix meat and 2 Tbsp of the BBQ sauce.
- Shape into 4 thick patties and set aside.
- Brush onions with 1 Tbsp of the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Grill patties and onions until burgers are cooked and onions are tender, brushing burgers with the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Top burgers with cheese slices right before they are done grilling to melt cheese.
- Toast/Grill Buns (optional)
- Assemble your cheeseburger!
Leave a review or comment