Best BBQ Chicken RecipePrep: 5 min Cook: 70 min Servings: 2by Doctor Jo39 recipes>
Best BBQ Chicken Recipe has my super simple secret method for making the moistest, flavorful, delicious BBQ chicken you will ever eat. When I make this chicken for a party or get-together, I never have to worry about leftovers. It is that good.
- 2 chicken leg quarters or any chicken pieces, breast, drum, or thigh
- BBQ sauce make your own or use your favorite purchased BBQ sauce.
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp dried garlic flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp paprika smoked if you have it.
- 1 Tbsp black pepper ground
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp Umami powder (shiitaki mushroom powder - flavor enhancer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix the Chicken Rub ingredients together and season the chicken leg quarters with the rub.
- Place the leg quarters in a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour covered. Turn the oven off and uncover the chicken. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes in the oven. This dries out the skin, and keeps the skin from coming off when you put the chicken on the BBQ.
- Remove the chicken leg quarters and cover with BBQ sauce. I use a grill basket to grill the chicken. The chicken is fully cooked and so moist and tender that it may fall apart and be lost to the flames, if you don't use a grill basket. The BBQ crisps and chars the outside of the chicken.
- Grill on the BBQ until the outside is crispy with areas of char. Usually 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce
Leave a review or comment