Belacan Fried RicePrep: 25 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
dynamic and atomic fried rice; chilli belacan paste, fresh prawns and kangkung.
- 6 red chillies
- 1/2 inch roasted belacan (alternatively; belacan powder will do)
- Blend/ground to a coarse paste
- Other ingredients
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 eggs
- 10 fresh prawns(de-vein, remove skin and head and chopped)
- 3 shallots (sliced thinly)
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced thinly)
- 10 stalks kangkung/water spinach (cut stem with leaves; 2 pieces
- and sliced)
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste (use sparingly)
- When oil is heated, break eggs in.
- Scramble and remove.
- In the same oil (if needed, add a bit more oil)
- Fry chilli paste, onion, garlic and prawns for a couple of mins or/and till aromatic.
- Add rice; season with salt.
- Stir all together.
- Add kangkung and scrambled eggs.
- Quickly stir and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment