Beef And Broccoli Rice
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 pkt (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 2 c. frzn broccoli and red pepper mix, defrosted
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8 inch thick strips. Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat till warm. Add in beef and garlic (1/2 at a time)and stir-fry 1-2 min or possibly till outside surface of beef is no longer pink (don't overcook).
- Remove from skillet season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In same skillet, cook and stir rice mix, onion and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat till rice mix is golden. Stir in water and contents of seasoning packet bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low cover tightly and simmer 15 min.
- Stir in vegetables continue to cook 3-5 min or possibly till liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Return beef to skillet heat through.
Leave a review or comment