Bean And Sausage Soup
- 1/2 pound dry small white beans, 1 c.
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounce. Polish sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce.) can garbanzo beans, liquid removed
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce.) can creamed corn
- Minced parsley
- Soak white beans. Drain and rinse soaked beans. Add in 5 c. water, onion, and seasonings. Simmer, covered, about 30 min or possibly till beans are almost tender. Add in sausage, garbanzo beans and corn. Return mix to boil; simmer 30 min or possibly till beans are tender. Remove bay leaf. Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with parsley. Makes 4-5 servings.
Leave a review or comment