Basmati Rice Pudding/KheerPrep: 30 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 8by Tamanna7 recipes>
Kheer is a creamy thick South Asian sweet dish, made by boiling rice or broken wheat with milk and sugar, and flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, pistachios, almond. It is typically served during a meal or also consumed alone as a stand alone savory. Kheer can also be made using vermicelli as a base instead of grains. In India, many replace sugar with Jaggary to add sweetness and flavor to Kheer which also tastes amazing. But I did a simple Basmati Rice Pudding for this Eid.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 litre whole 3 % milk
- 1 cup rice Basmati rice
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon of dry roasted Almonds nut pieces. (Roasted cashews or pistathios are also fine)
- 3-5 Cardamom
- 1. Wash and drain the rice and let dry for 15-30 minutes
- 2. Boil the rice in the milk on a medium flame until the rice is cooked. Also add the Cardamom seeds to the milk while boiling.
- 3. Keep stirring frequently otherwise the milk may burn at the bottom of the pan.
- 4. Add the condensed milk, sugar, raisins, and nuts. Stir till the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- 5. Garnish with some almonds and raisins and serve
- You can also serve Kheer chilled. I personally love it more when it's cold. But it depends on your desire.
Leave a review or comment