Baked Spaghetti With Chicken
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 x boneless chicken breasts
- 1 x green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 x onion, minced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 x fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 5 ounce shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 x (16 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 In shallow non-aluminum dish or possibly resealable plastic bag, combine extra virgin olive oil, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Poke holes in chicken breasts and add in to extra virgin olive oil mix. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hrs.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove chicken from refrigerator and cut into half inch pcs. Cook in large skillet, with marinade, till chicken is light brown and sauce is bubbly. Remove bay leaves.
- Stir pepper, onion, broccoli, and mushrooms into skillet and allow to simmer till tender, about 5 min.
- 3 While vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 min or possibly till al dente; drain. Return pasta to pot and add in chicken mix and spaghetti sauce. Stir. Pour mix into 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with shredded cheese.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 20 min, or possibly till cheese is melted. Serve.
- Serves 8.
Leave a review or comment