- 16 ounce ziti type pasta noodles, cooked and rained
- 1 x 32-ounce. container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb grnd beef, cooked and liquid removed
- 1 x 26-ounce. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. sliced black and green olives
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place noodles along the bottom of the dish. Spread ricotta cheese over noodles. Combine cooked and liquid removed grnd beef with spaghetti sauce and olives and spread over ricotta cheese. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil and place in a 400-degree oven for 30 min. Remove foil and allow cheese to brown for 15 - 20 min more. Remove from oven and cold for 15 min before slicing into squares and serving.
- Chefs Notes: Ricotta cheese is fairly low in fat. Use the leanest grnd beef you can find. You could use some low fat mozzarella but you probably want to fold in some regular mozzarella to make sure you get the gooey texture.
Leave a review or comment