Baked Sea Scallops With Feta Cheese
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh sea scallops
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided use Salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x Red bell pepper
- 2 x Green bell peppers
- 3/4 c. Sliced onions
- 2 tsp Finely minced garlic
- 1 1/2 c. Ripe plum tomatoes cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 16 x Black greek olives, pitted
- 2 tsp Minced fresh oregano -or possibly-
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp Fennel or possibly anise seed
- 1/2 c. Dry white wine
- 1/8 tsp Dry warm red pepper flakes
- 6 ounce Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease 4 individual ovenproof serving dishes with 1 Tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil. Divide the scallops proportionately among the dishes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Core and seed the red and green peppers and cut them into thin strips about 1-1/2 inches long.
- Heat remaining extra virgin olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add in onions, garlic and peppers. Cook and stir over medium-high heat till wilted. Add in tomatoes, olives, oregano, fennel, wine, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 min.
- Spoon mix proportionately over the scallops. Dot with the cheese and place in the oven. Bake 15-20 min or possibly till lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment