Grilled Stuffed Sea Scallops With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 x Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lrg Basil leaves
- 2 x Tomatoes, minced
- 1 lrg Roasted red pepper, peeled and minced
- 1 x Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Thyme Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb Sea scallops
- 20 x Fresh basil leaves
- 1 x Garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 x Lemon, cut in quarters
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd black pepper
- For the sauce, saute/fry onion, add in thyme, salt, pepper, tomatoes, garlic and red pepper for six min. Add in vinegar and basil, blend till smooth.
- Season to taste.
- For the scallops, mince the basil, garlic, salt and pepper till very fine.
- Fold in a small bowl with one Tbsp. of the oil and reserve for thirty min. Butterfly each of the scallops, fill each with a bit of the basil mix, close with a toothpick. Put scallops on a plate and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Prepare the grill for the direct heat method. Place scallops on greased grid and grill for three min per side and remove. Serve immediately with the sauce and garnish with the lemons.
Leave a review or comment