Baked Scotch EggsServings: 4by Bob Towlson135 recipes>
- 1 lb ground lean pork or ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 4 large eggs -- hard boiled (not
- too large)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- Mix the meat thoroughly with the seasonings and divide into four equal portions.
- Have the four eggs hard boiled, for about 12 minutes.
- Peel them, dip them in water and coat them in flour.
- Wrap each egg evenly in a portion of meat, being sure they are covered completely.
- Beat the remaining egg.
- Dip each egg in the beaten egg then coat thoroughly in breadcrumbs.
- Chill for one hour.
- Bake until golden brown on a cookie sheet at 400Â°F; about 30 minutes.
Leave a review or comment