Baked Salmon With Parmesan And Parsley Crust
- 6 x 150g salmon fillets skinned
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper butter if necessary minced fresh parsley sauce:
- 75 ml white wine
- 175 gm chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 300 ml double cream Topping
- 25 gm fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25 gm parmesan coarsely grated
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley grated rind of 1/2 lemon paprika
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets and place on lift off paper on a baking sheet or possibly arrange in the large buttered roasting tin.
- Measure the wine and mushrooms into a pan and boil on the boiling plate for 1 minute.
- Lift out the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and reduce the wine to about 2 Tbsp..
- Add in the cream bring to the boil and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Season. Return the mushrooms to the sauce and leave to cold completely.
- Spoon a little of the cool mushroom mix on each salmon fillet but don't spread to the edge.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs parmesan parsley and lemon rind on the mushroom mix and dust with paprika.
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hrs if necessary.
- Save the rest of the sauce to reheat and serve separately.
- Bake for 10 to 15 min on the grid shelf nn the floor of the roasting oven. When the salmon is done it will have changed from translucent/soft to an opaque pink.
- Sprinkle with more minced parsley and serve immediately.
- This recipe is one of my all time favourites and is a perfect fish recipe to prepare ahead. It allows the sauce to become really cool and hard before oven baking. If it is a very special occasion and you like a lot of sauce double up on the amount.
- Serves 6
Leave a review or comment