Baked Ham RigatoniPrep: 30 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 8by Mommy's Kitchen1 recipe>
If you have a love for pasta and cheese then Baked Ham Rigatoni is the recipe for you. One of my weaknesses is "Pasta" oh how I could eat it everyday, add some cheese and that just makes it that much better. I saw this recipe for Baked Ham Rigatoni at Recipes of a Cheapskate. At first glimpse I knew I had to make it all that cheesy pasta with a homemade white sauce, it just looked to good to pass up. This dish was so fast and easy to throw together and everyone loved it. I mean how can you go wrong with pasta and cheese, plus this dish is pretty inexpensive to make as well.
- 1 pkg (16 oz) rigatoni pasta
- 2 - tablespoons real butter (1 oz)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 qt milk (4 cups)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (separated)
- about 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
- (onion salt, pepper, cayenne pepper is optional)
- small pads of butter for top
- Preheat oven to 425degrees. Melt butter over medium heat and start water boiling for pasta. Once butter is melted, whisk in flour. Add your milk, and continue to stir until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook until just past the Al-dente stage. Just starting to get soft. When the white sauce is done, add your seasoning, ham, and one cup cheese. stir well, to get the cheese melted. Drain your pasta and add to the sauce. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan, smooth the top and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese. Dot the top with your pads of butter and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and brown.
Leave a review or comment