Baked Broccoli And Cheese Casserole
This would be great with cauliflower too or with a mix of both.
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. cottage cheese (preferably pot style or low-fat)
- 1/4 c. minced scallion
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c. crumb mix made from whole wheat bread or cracker crumbs, wheat germ, and ground nuts in any proportion
- Scant 2 T oil
- Chop broccoli, including stems and leaves, into small pieces (about 5 cups). Steam for 10 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together large eggs, cottage cheese, scallion, and shredded cheese.
- Season to taste with salt according to the saltiness of cheese. Grease a shallow 2 qt baking dish and cover with half the broccoli, half the cheese mix, the remaining broccoli, and remaining cheese.
- Put together crumbs with sufficient oil to moisten and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 25 min until set and brown on top.
- Cool for 10 min at room temperature before serving.
Leave a review or comment