Excellent way to add avocado to some very sought after treats.
Thanks for sharing your take on this smooth buttery fruit ;o)
Avocado-Chocolate MuffinsPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 12by Deirdre Holmes66 recipes>
After getting inspired to include the healthy mono-unsaturated fats, as well as many as 20 valuable nutrients in the avocado in baking, I found a couple of good looking recipes on Joy the Baker's website. I took a cake recipe of Joy's as a starting point, and created a healthier muffin version.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil, but light olive oil or coconut are good options too)
- 1 1/2 avocados, well ripened, and very well mashed (a fork works fine, but you can also use a food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup (I prefer grade B for a deeper, rich flavor and more nutrients)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350Âº F.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl, including the mashed avocado.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin tins or paper baking cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Leave a review or comment