Authentic Mexican EnchiladasPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Spicie Foodie12 recipes>
An authentic enchiladas recipe, you can read more background information on my blog.
- for enchilada sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 hot chilies( chile de arbol)
- 1 chile guajillo
- 1 large tomato with skin removed
- 1 tsp./5ml of salt,cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp./2ml black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 boiled and shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup/125 ml vegetable oil
- Garnishes: sour cream,bland cheese (feta or Edam),avocado slices,shredded lettuce,sliced or diced radishes
- 1. Cook the chicken ,slice,dice and shred the garnishes and have all this ready to use. Tip* the avocado will start to brown so you can either do this right before you serve it or rub with a little lemon to prevent the browning. Next we need to make the sauce, I sliced the onion and garlic and put it on a pan to fry it a bit, only add a little bit of oil to prevent it from burning. After about 5 minutes you can remove them and set aside. In a pot add a couple of cups of water and bring to a boil next add the peppers and leave them for about 10 minutes until they are soft. Drain and add them to a blender, add the onion,garlic,tomato, salt,pepper and cumin, and blend until you have a smooth sauce.
- 2. Next you'll need a frying pan and add the vegetable oil warm under medium low heat. In a pot or deep pan add the enchilada sauce, keep under low heat. You'll also need thongs, a plate with paper towels and a spare plate or cutting board to roll and prepare the enchiladas. First take one tortilla, dip it into the oil and cook on each side for 2 minutes each. Next dry off some of the extra oil, then dip and cover completely on both sides with the sauce. Don't worry if you feel there isn't enough sauce on the tortilla we'll add more at the end.Next we add the stuffing, the chicken, in the center of the tortilla put some of the shredded chicken then roll up. Set aside until your done with your batch.
- 3. Once you are done rolling up the enchiladas you can add more sauce on top, then start topping with the garnishes. Serve with rice and beans on the side for a complete and very filling meal!! Buen Provecho!!
Leave a review or comment