Fast, easy, lower fat and totally delicious! Note that the sodium in this recipe is calculated with high sodium enchilada sauce. the Old El Paso enchilada sauce is very good and has only 360 mg sodium.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (about 1/2 a rotisserie chicken)
- 15 oz. canned fat-free refried beans
- 15 oz. canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 can low salt enchilada sauce, like Old El Paso
- 1 cup small curd low fat cottage cheese
- 3 green onions, white and green parts sliced thin
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 sliced avocado
- 6 oz. plain greek
- In a medium bowl, mix chopped chicken, rinsed black beans, and 1/2 the cilantro.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/8th portion of refried beans.
- Divide the chicken mixture onto the 8 tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with 2 heaping tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese, roll the filled tortillas up and place in an un-greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese in a line down the middle of the casserole.
- Pour low salt enchilada sauce in a line down both sides of the tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until bubbly hot.
- Garnish with the other 1/2 cilantro, a dab of Greek yogurt and a slice of avocado.
Leave a review or comment