Asian-Style AsparagusPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 7by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Asian-Style Asparagus-is a delicous, easy and quick (20) minute recipe for a spicy Chinese side. Tender, fresh asparagus spears are simmered on the stovetop in a sesame-ginger sauce for a dish that will rival the best Chinese restaurants. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic and Weight Watchers (2) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp tahini (pureed sesame seeds)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp granulated no-calorie sweetener
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 48 medium size asparagus spears, trimmed, peeled, cleaned
- In a food processor or blender, combine everything except the asparagus and mix until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Cut the asparagus into two-inch pieces, on a diagonal.
- Half fill a large skillet with water, cover and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and simmer just until crisp-tender (approx. 4-5 minutes). Drain well but do not rinse.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot asparagus and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment