Asian Sausage & Noodles
A quick and delicious pasta that is loaded with vegetables and flavor!
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound pork breakfast type sausage
- 1 pound frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion or chopped chives
- 4 T catsup
- 4 T low sodium soy sauce
- 4 T low fat peanut butter
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- In a small bowl, mix catsup, soy sauce and peanut butter until very smooth. Set aside.
- Crumble sausage and cook in a large skillet until fully cooked. Drain fat if necessary.
- Grate carrot right into the sausage skillet. Stir fry until carrots are soft.
- Add thawed broccoli and stir until warmed.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir until warm and bubbly.
- Add drained spaghetti and chopped chive or onion. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- To add a little crunch you can sprinkle with some chopped peanuts.
Leave a review or comment