Sausage & Pepper HeroPrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 1by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
This is a feast not to be missed! Enjoy with Love, Catherine
- Fresh Hero Rolls
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Grated Romano Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Baked Sausage & Peppers:
- 4 hot sausages
- 4 sweet sausages
- Bunch of fresh basil - chopped
- Bunch of fresh parsley – chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - crushed & chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Capers plus a little caper juice
- 1 Jalapeño – sliced with seeds
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 4 Sweet Italian peppers – sliced
- 1 - 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Dashes of Red Pepper flakes
- Dashes of Dried oregano
- Dashes of Paprika
- Dashes of Chili Powder
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- In a baking dish drizzle a little olive oil place and place all of the veggies plus the can of crushed tomatoes and spices. Drizzle the top of the veggies with a little olive oil.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- In a separate baking dish place the sausage and bake for about 30-35 minutes in the oven with the veggies.
- When completed baking cut the sausage lengthwise and place in with the veggies and toss.
- Building the Hero:
- Open the hero lengthwise and drizzle a little olive oil over the bread, place face down on a heated griddle. Take a few basil leaves and place on a heated griddle and drizzle a little olive oil over the leaves. Grill for a minute or two. Remove the hero and place the basil leaves on the bread. Place grated mozzarella and Romano on the bread and then fill the hero with the sausage and peppers. Top with more mozzarella and Romano cheese and some more grilled basil.
Leave a review or comment